Monday, April 29, 2013

Dreamy Malibu Collaboration

I loved this project. It's so much fun collaborating with other creative people...on a beautiful beach in Malibu...while you eat delicious cupcakes... and watch the sun go down. Yeah. It was perfect. 

So ever since I sold these dreamy dreamcatchers at the Renegade Craft Fair last summer, and got such a great response, I've wanted to find a way to get them back into my shop. Problem is that part of their fun is seeing them blowing in the breeze, in person. When you see them like that it gets your wheels spinning I think. One woman at the fair had said she would love to cover a tree in them for an outdoor party. Someone else bought a couple to hang in her nursery. Got me thinking too...where else might these dreamcatchers look dreamy? Wedding, dessert table and the beach. That's what we came to. So to help capture that 'in person' feel, my talented sister-in-law, Paige Jones did photo magic, while my super sweet friend of Tempt Cupcakes put them into a tasty context. (LA people really need to put one of these cupcakes in their mouths. Soon!) I love the end result. Look for the set of hoops in the shop soon! For now check out the entire blog post here. While you're there check out the incredible maternity session Paige did for me. She managed to hide my massive amount of camera awkwardness! Win!






No comments:

Post a Comment